Sunday, November 7, 2010

NU 107

My bro, gave me the news - that my favorite radio station in the philippines today bids farewell to all its rock listeners. I can't believe it. This is a sad day for me. Besides, having pests, i mean guests in the house, having brai, and singing worship songs (doing fellowship on a sunday evening- kinda late actually) christian wannabees, just can't get enough of a good thing. My wife loves visitors, yeah she's a people-person, and can throw away 1.5kg of chicken (to be eaten by people she doesn't know.) thats what friends are for.
And now, the home of new rock is closing. I remember, it was valentine's day of 2004. I was a guest at their show called "between planets" - yes, i was interviewed by dj mondo castro. I am live, on air - and played some of my stuff (mostly new wave) to start the show, I put on Nick heyward's "love all day " - because it was feb. 14. My mom's birthday, i've greeted all of my folks in bulacan. They were glued to the station. Waiting to hear my voice. Thanks to my wavelength friends, for bringing me in Nu 107, as a special guest that night. It was great. Many thanks NU 107, for bringing programs like (the nu rockphiles, modern rock sunday, the groove nation sessions, club retro) new wave music that says something to me and about my life. Thanks for the memories. Now, i'm 31.
I'm so much sad, tomorrow is work day again. And the visitors are stil here, damn it. Its 8pm now. Get a grip folkers, if u want to praise and worship - go to the church in the mornings, and don't disturb your neighbors. You're annoying now, not entertaining. Love your neighbor, as you love yourself -
goodnight.

No comments: