Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bags and Things



This has been a featured song on my car's fm mp3 modulator. Been playing it, since February, 2013. I just found out that Dennis Lambert has more to offer than just "Of All The Things". There was even a site that sell this album here in South Africa for R45. Probably a second hand vinyl (bid or buy perhaps)
I got my copy of this album in soulseek. Altogether this "Bags and Things" album is a masterpiece. Definitely pure pop crossover.  Other great songs from this 1972 album which i keep on playing are:

"So little Time"
"Ashes to Ashes"
"Somebody Found Her"     -
"Dream On"
"Of All The Things"   - an immortal classic

For Lyrics to  "Bags and Things"  http://tedte.blogspot.com/2007/01/bags-and-things.html
There was even a rumor, that Steve Carell will play as Dennis Lambert in a remake of the docu-film "Of All The Things" - which is yet to be seen.

I've got too much "bags and things" going on right now. All I want is a peace of mind but even that for me is hard to find.

No comments: